Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/06/22

Are we all bored in our jobs?

You know, maybe its just me but what do you people do for a living? No matter what area i go into where work is concerned, I always find it such a drag. Its all so boring. I cannot for the life of me fathom out how some people find work stimulating. Are you guys happy in your jobs or do you do like me - go to work 'cos we have to, try and make the most of it and then go home to do the usual chores, etc. Just for the record - i do work very well and my work is up to date but i just cannot get into it like some colleagues. I should have been a F1 driver or something along those lines (ha! ha!).

,,,,,

15
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/06/23

hi there

i'm in the film industry and i promise you there is not one person who doesn't love their jobs, it's a passion
so much so that most of us don't have the time to have a personal life...

i would not spend 8-10 hours a day in a unhappy place

maybe you have to get a hobby and find somethig to do that you like, maybe that can become your job one day... first get to know yourself and find out who you are, what are your talents and strenghts and weakness so you can do something you like

or you might just be a little lazy....

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Ocean | 2005/06/23

I'm not excited about my job. and i'm in a field i know i'll never get excited about... i want to work for a magazine... i want to be one of those few people who are really just in love with what they do and who is really and honestly passionate about their jobs... what am i still doing here?!
..anyone?

Reply to Ocean
Posted by: ec | 2005/06/23

hooorray for those that love their jobs - what a blessing! But being bored AND having an *hole for a boss......oi vey!

Reply to ec
Posted by: kc | 2005/06/22

U said it blakberri....

Reply to kc
Posted by: blakberri | 2005/06/22

try working in customer care, we get clients swearing at us the whole day,and i cant stand it,also went for a couple of jobs in the past year,trying to find my 'niche'.i tell you i would love to own an interior decorating co,making peoples lives beulah oh how i wish.....dropped two degrees,trying to stick to something in this career now,and i hate it,no wonder we go home and fight with our spouses,and are stressed out,depressed and needing therapy.

Reply to blakberri
Posted by: Liz 123 | 2005/06/22

Like Jemma i love my job too. Run my sisters guest house, (being in the hotel trade all my life!) I love people, and thats the rewarding part. Find something you love, and do as best you can!

Reply to Liz 123
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/06/22

I'm a PA and love every second of it!!! I've been with my company for 10 years now and if they will have me, I will stay for ever. I love the people I work with, I meet different people every day. Arrange parties, does flight bookings, buy new furniture for the office, etc. etc. etc. I do get days when I hate being at work and wish I could go home or take a break for a day or two. But I think that's normal. I also don't work to hard (as you can see being on the net so much) so I have a lot of time for personal things as well.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: KC | 2005/06/22

Bored stiff?? U got that right!!

At least u got out of this....so you know you are in a better situation!!! I dont think u get worse than this???

AARRGH!!! Its crap. I cant understand who would be excited to actually do this!!

I saw this guy in the You magazine, that was into 'EXTREME ACCOUNTING". To show that accountants are not boring. Taking pictures while water skiing with a lap top - You go boy!!

How dull!! Maybe i should start making fudge or something. I wish i could do something creative - interior decorating, photograhy, marketing!! Alternatively a little coffee shop, or even a hairdresser. I dont think my family would be impressed after spending thousands on a bcomm, honours, etc...... to hairdressing!!

Anything besides this.....

It is quite funny....

Reply to KC
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/06/22

KC, you make me laugh. Hell, I was also in the auditing/accounting field. Geez, that was worse than the marketing field i am presently in. Ah geez, what can i do to change this? At least i am laughing at these replies. I feel really good now. Now i know why we are on this forum. We are probably all bored stiff.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: KC | 2005/06/22

I HATE MY JOB!!! Been working as an auditor for 4 years and i hate it!!!

Wake up with dread in my stomach!! Saturdays i already wanna throw up thinking about MOnday. No motivation to work whatsoever!! I really hate it. I wish i could change careers while i'm still young, but what to do??

You read how these people leave their jobs and start these marvellous companies making mega bucks.....selling fudge....

And i'm thinking..."What can i do??" Where is my passion??? I dont know.

They should do a new reality show - "Job swop"!!

I'd sign up for that anyday...

Reply to KC
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/06/22

Oh definitely Joanne E. How's this weekends race? Oh, what a laugh but Michael still has a chance at winning now.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Nadine | 2005/06/22

Keep it coming guys 'cos you have made me realise I'm definitely not the only one totally bored at work. I have also chopped and changed jobs like i change my underwear and have yet to find my passion workwise.

Reply to Nadine
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/06/22

Well, at this point let's hope you drive for a bridgestone team, eh? Is it also something about that flame retardant suit that does it for you?

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Ahs | 2005/06/22

So AGREE with you! I studied for 4 years got a post grad degree went into my field working thinking it was what i wanted to do, since then I have had 4 jobs in the last year and a half!!!! All in different fields! Whatever I do I get bored of within 6 months...I cannot seem to find my passion! I have hence resigned from my current position and finish end of this month...to do another course?? I am so glad to hear that i am not the only one! I don't know if its just a generation thing and we are spoilt by choice, but most of my friends are going through the same crisis!!!

Reply to Ahs
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/06/22

Hi there,

I dont think you are the only one. I think if you do some thing day in and day out no matter how passionate you are about the job, eventually it will become boring and tedius in some way. I am in the IT field. Regional Account Manager, and i am finding it extremely boring. I just want to rip my hair out. If i could stay at home and raise my child for 3 years i would love it, but alas my dude and i cant afford it. Atleast i know that i have a 4 month maternity break coming up soon.

Will be interesting to see what the other say. Perhaps i am totally wrong. Perhaps you do get people who absolutely love their jobs.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS