Question
Posted by: broken | 2003/12/06

Are there relationship breakup support groups.

Do these groups actually exist, and if so, any in cape town.
I would love to speak to people goingthrough the same pain as i am.

Dear broken,
Personally, I haven't heard of any groups for this specific purpose, in SA --- maybe if any of our other regular readers have heard of one, when they return after the week-end, they'll tell us. Otherwise, wouldn't it be an excellent idea to start one ? Try also a web search ( www.google.com ) for general info on how to start up a "self-help group". I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who'd appreciate the existence of such groups !

3
Posted by: anonymous | 2013/04/10

My boyfriend broke up with me two weeks ago. I haven't stopped crying since then. I have been searching the internet for some kind of support group that deals with breakups. Or just someone/others to talk to. I notice that these posts is from 2003 - perhaps you can advise if there are any groups in Cape Town now? 2013. Cape Town - Sad

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: Broken-hearted | 2003/12/08

It's been two months since I broke up with my boyfriend and I feel like it's the end of the world. I am seeing a shrink though, hang in there, the light will shine sooner than you think.

Reply to Broken-hearted
Posted by: Truth | 2003/12/08

Dear Broken its been 2 weeks since my relationship broke up-l know exactly what you are going through-take one day at a time and be kind to yourself---you are special and WE WILL SURVIVE!

Reply to Truth