Question
Posted by: Stella | 2006/04/13

Are homopathic tablets addictive when used for constipation?

I have been struggling recently with constipation. I try to eat as much fibre as possible, I drink banana and oats smoothies in the mornings, I eat wholewheat products but it gets better and then I go back to struggling with the constipation. I have been meaning to go to a homeopath to get some advice, but saw some homopathic tablets in the pharmacy for constipation which you take 10 minutes before eating. I have only been using this for 2 days, but I am scared that this may be addictive or bad for my stomach. Can you please give me some advice.

Expert ImageNatural health

Homoepathic remedies are not addictive when used for constipation. But make sure it is not herbal e.g. contains senna or cascara - these might be addictive.