Question
Posted by: Bugsy | 2005/12/09

Are herbal cigarettes a healthier alternative?

Hello,

I've quite smoking for the most part. When I go out and have a few drinks is the hardest time - so I've done research and have found herbal cigarettes sold in the UK. I thought I'd just keep them around and in times when I slip up - I'll smoke one of these - at lease it'll be better than smoking a real cigarette. Am I correct in thinking like this?
The ones I'm thinking of buying from the UK are called honeyrose herbal cigarettes.

This is what the website says they're made from:

Only pure, natural ingredients are found in Honeyrose Herbal Cigarettes: rose petals, marshmallow leaves, red clover flowers, honey and apple juice.

They do, however, contain 3mg tar - which as I understand it - causes lung cancer.

Do you think it is healthier to smoke one of these when I slip up or is it just a waste of time & money?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Bugsy,
Tar from sigarettes can cause cancer and it will be better to just skip this altogether. The "pure natural" ingredients still burn and cause smoke which gets diposited in your lungs and I won't waste my money on it.