Posted by: cmh | 2008/05/21

are fits heridatory?

My hubby and I r planning on having a baby. He use to have fits as a child but seems to have grown out of it. What r the chances of our baby suffering with the same problem. What should we do to prevent it or is there some tests that we'd need to do to find out if its genetic. Also what supliment should my hubby take to improve the quality of his sperm

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear cmh

This question cannot be answered simply and would depend on the type of fits, underlying causes and numerous other possibilities. I suggest you make an appointment with a geneticist in this regard. As regard to sperm quality without actually seeing the sperm analysis results I cannot make any comments. My view on vitamins and other supplements has been made quite clear in the past postings but for simplicity sake I do not believe that vitamin therapy solves sperm related problems in the vast majority of cases. Only under specific nutritional deficiency or mal-absorption syndrome conditions will there be any added benefit. However lifestyle modification may be more valuable than vitamin supplementation.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dee | 2008/05/21

It depends on what kind of fits they were. You can have chromosomal testing done to check for genetic markers, ask at your gynae.

Get Dh to take Staminogro, you can take it too.

Reply to Dee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.