Question
Posted by: yolanda | 2005/07/06

ARE DEPRESSANTS FATTENING?

Are anti-depressant tabs fattening?I am taking Alzalm for aperiod of 2 weeks and gained 3kg.

Dear Yolanda
Unfortunately some antidepressants may cause weight gain, while others may cause weight loss. According to my copy of MIMS, Alzam can cause mass changes. You need to discuss this with the prescribing dr because it may be possible to either adjust the dose or change the medication, but do NOT stop taking this type of medication without consulting the dr who prescribed it for you. Depression can also be associated with pronounced weight gain or loss. Once you have the medication sorted out, try doing some regular exercise to prevent weight gain. Regular, aerobic exercise such as jogging, brisk walking, cycling, swimming, skipping or working out at a gym, will not only help to counteract weight gain, but also lift your mood and help for the depression.

1
Posted by: tina | 2005/07/06

I think a depressant tabs are fattening, one shouldn't even take any tab, cos they all have side effects.

Reply to tina