Question
Posted by: T | 2007/06/06

Are anti depressants vital in for depres

I have been for one session of therapy to a physcrist and have been told to consider going onto an anti depressant. Please advise if it is absolutely necessary to take anti depressants. Is there a homeopathic remedy that can do the same "job"
T

Absolutely NO homeopathic treatment has ever been of the slightest value in treating depression, and would be risky to try. There are only two ways of treating a Depression which have ben PROVED by good research to be effective in treating Depression --- (a) Antidepressant medications, which help to restore the natural balance of naturally occurring chemicals within the brain, but need to be taken for some 9 months at a time, and (b) specifically Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) which is the ONLY form of psychotherapy which has been shown by good research to be as effective in treatng Depression, with lasting benefits, as Antidepressants. And there is some evidence that combining the two is even better.

1
Posted by: Sharls | 2007/06/06

HI T

I would say an absolute yes.. purely because i have been on it which helped me tremendously. You only take it for a period of time.. and i would suggest it ...

Reply to Sharls