Posted by: Pam | 2008/11/03

Archillies Tendon

How does one treat sore Archillies Tendons? i am a road runner and am battling with pain on the Tendons durring and after running. I have been a runner for many years and have not had this problem before> 

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Pam

Painful Achilles tendons (Achilles tendonopathy) is a common running injury but can be complicated to treat. There are many factors which could have caused it. Have you recently increased your mileage or the terrain you run on? Have you recently changed shoes? Maybe the shoes are just worn out. Do you stretch before and after running? My advice is to see a physio to help heal the injury and possibly a podiatrist to assess which shoe and/or insole you need to fix this and prevent it from coming back. Make sure the person you go and see is a runner. Only someone who understands running and runners will appreciate how important your running is to you!


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.