Question
Posted by: FATTY | 2005/01/10

AQUAROBICS

How effective is aquarobics for losing weight (I'm on a diet) and will I benefit by doing water arobics???

Hi Fatty

It's a form of exercise and it does certainly lift the metabolic rate and that means it will help to burn energy and then in theory, fat loss will occur. Therefore, just like running, cycling, aerobics, swimming etc. it is a good way to start. however, i am not sure that it is really possible to get the intensity as high during aquarobics as it is during something like walking and running. The one huge benefit it has is that it involves no strain on the joints, so injuries are really rare. however, my advice is that you do the aquarobics, but just make sure that you combine it with some other types of exercise like walking. Perhaps every second day you can walk and then by alternating walking with aquarobics, you can get the best of both, so to speak.

however, whatever you do, diet is very good and if you just stick with both exercise and diet, you will see results, but be patient and it will come!