Question
Posted by: ^i^ | 2007/04/22

Apple Addict

Good day Dietdo

i know this sounds weird, but i cant stop eating apples. I probably eat about 20 a day!!!!!

I really want to stop eating so many apples, as i know that it is increasing my caloric intake by a LOT!!!!

Do u have any advice on how i can stop this horrible habit?

pleeeez

Dear Apple Addict
You are correct that eating any food in such a large quantity can lead to weight gain. Apples are a wonderful food, but you cannot eat 20 a day! You need to gradually reduce the number of apples you eat over time. Start off my eating one apple less a day for 2-3 days, then reduce your intake by one more apple, and so on until you have your apple intake under control and are not eating more than 2 apples a day. Also try to determine what is driving you to overeat on one specific food like this? Is there an association with apples that is important to you? When did this start? Are you 'scared' of eating other foods or are you using apples as 'comfort' food? If you are unable to stop this apple binging then I would recommend that you consult a clinical psychologist (ask your gp to refer you) so that you can find out what is driving you to overeat on apples like this and to learn better coping mechanisms.