Question
Posted by: Nicola | 2007/03/27

Appetite Control during Pregnancy

I have recently lost 27kg's and my fiance and I are getting married in May. We would like to start planning our family on December and I am concerned about excess weight gain. Are there any effective pills/ medicines that one can take to avoid a severe increase in appetite during pregnancy resulting in excessive weight gain????

Unfortunately not.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2007/03/27

the best thing to do is follow Weighless. they give you a pregnancy fomula and that way you also know you are eating correctly for the little one. my doc suggested it to me. you will still pick up weight but not as much as you would without it. you'll also loose it 10 x quicker. good luck. and congrats on the -27kg's. loosing weight is really hard.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: H | 2007/03/27

Well done on losing 27kg. There are no diet tablets that can be taken during pregnancy which will not harm your baby. If you take diet pills during pregnancy you will definitely harm your baby, (physical and metal retardation ). Do not worry about picking up weight during pregnancy, its normal and you will loose it again after the birth, especially if you breastfeed. Just eat healthily and your baby will take from your body what it needs. Pregnancy is not the best time to diet, but is a great time to eat well and exercise. if you avoid excessive fat, white carbs and sugar and eat wholemeal bread, grains, and brown rice you can avoid putting on large amounts of weight, as these carbs are mostly fibre so they will not be stored in your body, they contain more goodness for your baby and full you up more than white carbs. And will find it much easier to lose it after pregnancy. Good luck!

Reply to H
Posted by: A | 2007/03/27

the best thing to do is to excercise while you are pregnant.

Reply to A