Question
Posted by: ginger | 2005/07/07

Appendix symptoms

What are the symptoms for an appendix, which side is it?

Ginger, this is from something I wrote on appendicitis a while ago.
“The following are the typical symptoms of appendicitis, but you have to remember that less than 50% of people will present with all the typical symptoms.
1. A sudden onset of pain around the navel. After a few hours the pain moves to the right lower quadrant of the abdomen.
2. It’s painful when you press on the right lower quadrant of the abdomen, but the pain becomes worse when you take your hand away. This is called rebound tenderness and is a serious sign.
3. Coughing or walking worsens the pain.
4. A low-grade fever of 37,5° - 38,5°C. A higher fever develops later on in the disease and is a serious sign
5. Nausea and loss of appetite is usually prominent, but vomiting is usually not severe.
6. Constipation is often present.
If you have more questions let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. If you’re interested in the rest of the article, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.

3
Posted by: Mal | 2005/07/08

If you have appendicitis this is how you will feel - I speak from experience! The pain will be on your right hand side, low down. You might also feel nauseous and could possibly get diarrhea. The pain in your side doesn't seem to go away and if touched can be quite painful.

Reply to Mal
Posted by: Rey | 2005/07/08

Nope its the left... it feels like your rite side had needles & pins

Reply to Rey
Posted by: M | 2005/07/07

Right side as far as I know

Reply to M