Question
Posted by: Ash | 2004/10/18

Appendix or what?

I was told that the pain concerning appendicitis is in the left and not the right side of the abdomen. Is that true? Please give me more info regarding, because I am suffering from pain in my right side for more than 2 months now and had most of the tests done e. g. blood tests, sonar and x-ray. They don't know what is causing the pain. Therefore I also want to know if it could be my appendix just not serious enough to pick up?

Ash, in normal people the appendix is situated in the lower abdomen on the right hand side. I wrote something on appendicitis a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za I’ll send you a copy. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.