Question
Posted by: PINK | 2004/01/13

APPENDIX OR NOT?

HI,

I HAVE A HEAVY PAIN ON THE RIGHT LOWER ABDOMINAL SIDE OF MY BODY AND WAS WONDERING IF MAYBE IT COULD BE MY APPENDIX, , MY BODY FEELS NUMB THERE. WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF A APPENDIX WANTING TO BURST? I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF U CAN HELP!

THANX!

Pink, I can’t say for sure what it is without examining you, but here are some clues. Press on the right lower abdomen and if you feel pain, remove your hand quickly. If the pain becomes better, it’s probably not your appendix. If the pain becomes worse (this is called rebound tenderness), it might be your appendix and you will need to see your doctor a.s.a.p. Other symptoms and signs you can look for are loss of appetite, fever, nausea, increased pulse rate and coughing or jumping up and down hurts. If you have you have any doubts, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.