Question
Posted by: Nausea | 2007/11/27

Appendicitis

I was diagnosed with appendicitis last week, stayed in hospital for a spell with drip. Had severe vomiting and nausea, terrible pain on right. Tests showed infection but not appendicitis. Doctor said if this happens again, I should contact him immediately. Today all the nausea, no vomiting, started again with a dull ache in right side as with last time. Can inflammation cause these symptoms.

Dear Nausea
Call your doctor - the only way they will be able to see is to take a blood test to check if your White blood cell count is high. Did they check for Urine tract infection and kidney stones too?

2
Posted by: Dancer | 2007/11/27

They do not always pick up all conditions on sonar, etc. I had a ruptured appendix caused by bilharzia for 2.5 years. Like Anxious said, it is no joke! I suggest that you make an appointment with a Specialist and if you are not certain of their diagnosis, always go for a second opinion. Last but not least, trust your instincts....you know your body best than any one else - so if something is not right, make sure it is attended to. I wish you all the best.

Reply to Dancer
Posted by: anxious | 2007/11/27

Phone your doc to be on the safe side. Believe me you DONT want to end up with a ruptured appendix! That is NO joke. Because he said immediately, you also have justification to phone him after hours if your have a/h contact details for him. He would be more than understanding. If you are at all concerned, contact him.

Reply to anxious