Question
Posted by: Fatty. | 2007/03/29

Apetite suppressants and mood disorder.

I have been taking Thinz for four days now, and have about 20 kg's to lose. I gain and loose weight fairly easy, age 34. Took me about 6 weeks to gain 14 kg's and already lost 3 kg's in the four days. I am on bipolar medication, can this mixture turn sour? I'm loosing quite a lot of sleep as I will turn in at 3/4 in the mornings (only because I know must get sleep, not because tired) and wake at 6:30. I feel 100% during the days and glad to see my absolutely GLOBAL appetite gone. Slight headache mostly but nothing a few Comprals can't sort. Must lose weight, look like hippo. Energetic, can run upstears without feeling like ran a marathon. Any long term nuicenses on the drug? Thanx.

Over-the-counter appetite suppressants are NOT recommendable, can cause various problems and are not the basis of effective lasting weight loss. And combining them with bipolar medication is really unwise. Rather see a good dietician and work on a realistic diet and exercise program. I don't believe these chemicals should be on the market

2
Posted by: Fatty. | 2007/03/29

Thanks for that. Can't understand half of it tho. They think big people will understand big words? lol.

Reply to Fatty.
Posted by: Thinz Capsules | 2007/03/29

THINZ CAPSULES

SCHEDULING STATUS:
S2

PROPRIETARY NAME
(and dosage form):

THINZ CAPSULES

COMPOSITION:
Each capsule contains:
d-Norpseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 50,00 mg
In a slow release form.

PHARMACOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION:
A 11.3 Anorexigenics.

PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTION:
Thinz is a sympathomimetic agent, and has anorexigenic properties.

Thinz is released into the gastro-intestinal tract continuously over a period of approximately 12 hours.

INDICATIONS:
An aid to mass reduction when used in combination with a reduced kilojoule intake.

CONTRA-INDICATIONS:
Must not be used in hypertension. Thinz should not be taken by patients being treated with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or within 2 weeks of stopping such treatment.

Coronary thrombosis, hyperthyroidism and closed-angle glaucoma, pregnancy.

DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
One capsule daily, after breakfast with a little water.

DO NOT CHEW.

Thinz should not be used for more than 4 weeks at a time.

SIDE EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS:
In large doses giddiness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, sweating, thirst, tachycardia, precordial pain, palpitations, difficulty in micturition, muscular weakness and tremors, anxiety, restlessness and insomnia may occur. Some patients may exhibit these symptoms with the therapeutic dose.

Administer with caution in patients with organic heart disease, cardiac decompensation, or angina of effort and in patients receiving digitalis. In patients with prostatic enlargement, it may increase difficulty with micturition.

Due to its stimulant effect on the CNS it should not be taken after about 4 pm.

Use with caution in patients receiving chloroform, cyclopropane, halothane or other halogenated anaesthetics.

d-Norpseudoephedrine may diminish the effects of guanethidine and may increase the possibility of arrhythmias in digitalised patients.

The effect of d-Norpeudoephedrine may be diminished or enhanced by tricyclic anti-depressants.

Prolonged administration has no cumulative effect, but tolerance with dependence has been reported.

KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSAGE AND PARTICULARS OF ITS TREATMENT:
Symptoms as under "Side-effects and Special Precautions", and may also include paranoid psychosis, delusions and hallucinations.

Treatment is symptomatic.

IDENTIFICATION:
Clear capsule with a purple cap, imprinted "THINZ" on the body and cap of the capsule in black ink, containing white and cream granules.

PRESENTATION:
Packs of 16 and 48 slow release capsules.

STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Store below 25 °C, in a cool dry place.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

REGISTRATION NUMBER:
M/11.3/50

NAME AND BUSINESS ADDRESS OF APPLICANT:
S.A.D. SELF MEDICATION [PTY] LIMITED
Co. Reg. No. 92/04769/07
Robbie de Lange Road, Wilsonia, EAST LONDON, 5201
P O Box 422, EAST LONDON, 5200

DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT:
14 December 1978

Reply to Thinz Capsules