Question
Posted by: Ray | 2004/11/05

Anything Bad About A Vegitarian Diet?

Are there any negitive points to a vegitarian diet? I am 15 years old and have been a vegitarian for 3 months. I feel healther than I have in a long time but are there any long term effects that I should be worried about?

Expert ImageNatural health

Hello Ray

As with any restriction, there is the good and the bad. Being a sensible vegetarian would be the right way to do it. You must ensure that you eat a variety of foods daily to supply your body with what is needed as foods contain nutrients which every single cell needs to be well. A lack of only one nutrient will cause imbalance. It is a fact that you can not supply the body with all the nutrients such as amino acids by following a veg diet and this is where the negative side of it all lies. Amino acids build healthy cells. That is their responsibilty.

Make sure that you take your Bio-Strath Elixir three times daily ongoing and eat daily, cottage cheese, feta cheese, lentils or dried beans, soya, brown rice, raw almonds or other raw nuts.....as these foods supply the body with protein. If you do eat eggs, have an organic egg or two every three days. Eat lots of vegetables, some fruit and two tablespoons full of freshly ground-up raw seeds daily.

By eating sensibly, you will be healthy and stay healthy.

Most of all, listen to your body and if it shows you that you are lacking and your energy levels slump, you will have to relook the decision and maybe introduce some fresh fish often. Avoiding lamb, beef, pork, chicken etc is fine. Fish, eggs and the foods mentioned above are more than enough to be well. As a matter of fact, if people can follow this diet, their health would be so much better.

Kind regards.

Estie