Question
Posted by: Sarissa | 2004/11/17

Anyone with advice: Atkins and xenical

Hi can anyone help me please? I am trying to lose 10 kilos and my dietician told me that i can try the atkins diet. Will only be on it for a month or so and then move on to a lower fat diet. My question is if my doctor prescribes xenical, will it still help me to lose weight while I'm doing the atkins diet, or does it only help with a low fat diet. Please help, because i am very confused. Doc i know you are against atkins, but im being monitored by my gp and would really like to know if xenical will speed up my weight loss together with atkins?

Dear Sarissa
Xenical will only work properly if you use a very-low-fat diet, which the Atkins is not. So you can't use the Atkins Diet together with Xenical and I doubt that the dr would prescribe it if you only need to lose 10 kg - it is usually indicated for individuals who need to lose massive amounts of weight.
Be very careful with the Atkins Diet.
Take care

1
Posted by: science | 2004/11/19

Without trying to sound nasty, your dr needs to keep up with current scientific literature regarding the Atkins diet. It is harmful. End of story.

Reply to science