Question
Posted by: concerned | 2005/01/06

Anyone who can help my girlfriend

my girlfriend woke up last night in terrible pain. She was holding just below her stomach (bladder region) and crying She said it felt like it was burning. She says it was like period pain only much worse (she is not menstrating at the moment and is taking the birth control injection). the burning seemed to be quite bad as she was crying and she hardly ever cries! She went to the bathroom to urinate and she said that wasnt painful ( i was thinking bladder infection) the pain eventually stopped and this morning she says she is fine!! what could have caused this? could this be a sign that she is pregnant?

It could be a bladder infection, bowel problem, ovarian cyst. Pregnancy is unlikely.

2
Posted by: Lameez | 2005/01/06

You don't say how long she has been taking the Injection for. It could well be a side effect of this injection. She should have a pap smear to ensure that all is well with her female organs.

Reply to Lameez
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/01/06

Highly unlikely that she is pregnant. Maybe she has a bladder infection or just cramps. If it happens again she should go to the doc....

good luck

Reply to Pokkel