Question
Posted by: Kate | 2007/08/07

Anyone have the same problem?

Hi all.

My cats are driving me nuts.
They are playing the food game with me and I am at my wits end.
My oldest cat Mullet is fed Royal Canin Mature for older cats, but has decided he does not want it anymore so then he eats the Royal Canin Fit like my other cats, then he decides that he will not eat that and goes looking for food at my neighbour who feeds Hills, so I buy him Hills - he eats for a few days and then turns his nose up.
Blaze one of my females has a skin allergy (food related not fleas) so I buy the Royal Canin Sensitive - which of course she does not really like but eats a little and looses some of the excess weight she carries - then come month end I buy a pack of Purina sensitive which she loves but is always hungry so then I buy Hills sensitive but her skin flares up. I just feel that I fighting a loosing battle as just yesterday none of the cats wanted their breakfast and I kept shuffling bowls around to get them to eat and lost track of who has what.
I have 6 cats so you can imagine the legistics involved as I can not leave any food lying around as the wrong cat might get the wrong food.

Eish I love them to pieces!!!!!

Cats are very fussy creatures and often won't eat what is best for them. I guess practically one needs to ensure that the correct diet is eaten most of the time. It is interesting that some of the sensitive diets are more effective than others.

3
Posted by: Chill | 2007/08/07

Way to go, Carol. Our duty to our pets is to provide wholesome, nutritional food, suitable for each species - not to run an a la carte establishment with full room service and self-flagellation if the punters aren't satisfied!

Stop fussing, and let them get on with it. No healthy cat (or dog) has ever starved to death while there was food available - just relax.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/07

all they have to do now is to teach you to sit:) My crew ALL get hills twice weekly I give them lucky pet and rice (to keep costs down) and those that dont eat go hungry ... none of mine have sensitive tunmmies etc .. so unless they eat what is put in front of them as I say they go hungry

Reply to Carol
Posted by: LeeB | 2007/08/07

Dont feel alone, mine does the same. I have tried everything on the market and they still pull their noses up, I have now decided thats it, I only buy Hills sience diet and no more trying to please them. If they don't like it, they go hungry ..... but really, the are just playing you. I think we give our kiddies too many choices and believe me, they now eat what I give otherwise they get a terrible tummy growl!

Good luck!

Reply to LeeB