Question
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/12

Anyone else at 21 weeks preggies?

Just wanted to know how the other ladies are doing. I'm going for my detail scan next week Thursday and can't wait. Otherwise I am really fine no problems thus far and baby is kicking and moving. I still don't have a pattern on the moving and sometime he/she stays quiet for hours before I can feel him again.

My tummy is getting bigger now and very hard so I am starting to look preggies now. My back are killing me and I really struggle to sleep on my sides at night. Is it safe to sleep on my back? I have read that it is not good for your baby.

Good luck to all.

At this gestational age you should sleep in whichever way is comfortable for you.

6
Posted by: Sweetypie | 2004/10/13

Sorry to hear about your back Francis.I still cant feel much kicking.very very rearly i will feel a bubble but thats it.usually only once a day.I still sleep on my stomach since i dont have a bump.My detailde scan is for the 25 oct.I cant wait to find out hte sex.

kind regards to all

Reply to Sweetypie
Posted by: Joan | 2004/10/12

I'm 21/22 weeks now and I'm feeling baby kicking everyday now. Its really reassuring to feel the kicks everyday.

My tummy gets really hard sometimes and then soft again but it doesn't seem to be growing much more that it did a few months ago. I'm definately showing but its not increasing in size for the past 2 months.

Everything else is fine though. No complaints except the sleeping issue.

Reply to Joan
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/10/12

Hi Ladies

Glad to see everything is going so well for all of you. Yes, they say that when you sleep on your back you can stop the blood flow/oxygen from getting to your baby, but I think this is only when your further along in your pregnancies.

You'll be uncomfortable to sleep on your back anyways when your further in your pregnancy, trust me. It will feel like you can't breath cause of all the extra weight your carrying. It's best to sleep on your side. You can also sleep with a pillow between your legs or just under your belly.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your pregnancies and Francis remember to keep us posted on you scan next week. I'm going on Thursday to book my bed and my 3D the next week.

Enjoy guys!!!

Reply to Marlene
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/12

Hi you preggie ladies!
Feels like just yesterday that I had the same problems, you will get through it although this last strech feels lik a year. Although I slept on my sides my hip bones soon complained and I had severe hip and pelvic pains. I found that if I moved on my back every 30 min or so just for 10 min, it eased the pain and I could move onto another side for a while.
During the very last strecth, from 32 weeks onwards, I literaly slept sitting up with pillows all over. During the night I would slide downwards and the baby soon gave me a kick when not comfortable, and I would move back into a sitting position again. This helped with breathing problems as well and I had no hip or pelvic pain in this position.
Boy, was I glad when this was all over - enjoy the last couple of weeks!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Albert | 2004/10/12

I also heard that it is not allowed to sleep on your back because the baby does not get enough oxygen. Sorry for the back ache everything will be fine soon.

Keep well ladies.

Reply to Albert
Posted by: Sana | 2004/10/12

HI thre francis, im on 19 weeks and im starting to show, i think my boy is very lazy cos as soon as i start listenign to the kicks he stops. My tummy is also not hard yet and also not showing but im realy looking foward to the 1st thrusday of March 2005 when he joins our family.
Sleeping on my back is all i do, i hope someone will give more info on that.

Reply to Sana