Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/11/28

Anyone else????

Is anyone else getting very frustrated with the weather and animals ???

Here in Kwazulu on our soggy hill ... we have had three sunny days in November .. the rest have been piddling with rain .. with the odd day of overcast weather with no rain ....:)

Mycats are fed up being cooped up in the house ... and when the sun shone on Monday there wasnt a cat in sight they were all lying on the lawn in the sun ....

My dogs are on strike also cooped up in the house and Monty see's the sun so rarely he is becoming scared of it :)

The dogs steal the cats toys , the parrots are harrasing the cats and even the chickens have decided indoors has to be better and use the cat flap to come inside .

The only ones enjoying the weather are my geese.......

The rain has been great for some and disasterous for others.

2
Posted by: Jenn | 2007/12/06

Hi Blaah

I had a good laugh when I read your story - I can so relate to what you wrote. It could be my story, everything from my dogs not using their dog house to them skidding around and drying them off one by one. It's weird but also pretty cool to be joined by common experiences. Thanks for the laugh Blaah and Carol.

Reply to Jenn
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/11/28

i can't complain too much as here in PTA it hasn't been to bad

though the rain alway seems to catch me when i am away from the house and i come home to soaking doggies...

i have a freaken dog house but none of them use it
Lycan sits next to the garage on the dryest patch he can find, but only after he has run around like a mad thing in the mud and water, after which he looks like some demented killer rabid animal

the other two come rain or high water even hail will sit by the gate till we get home

do you have any idea what a sopping wet chow looks
and what a pain it is to get them dry especially thier double coats......

when i open he door they all go charging in th house and shake off, Lycan goes mad and slipps and slides around the house making the oddest noises, baba goes and hides in the bedroom and rogue jumps on the couch and dries herself on the throw.(even though none of them are allowed on the couch).

i have a permanent spot now by the door fr the doggies towles and let them in one by one if i can and dry each individually

it is a site to see my mad farm on a rainy day
and to see me trying to dry a squirming 40kg puppy who wants to eat th towel and knock my legs out from under me

baba prefers the hair dryer she sits there like a pampered queen (she hates being towel dried and wil run away from me for as long as she can) the other two are terrified of the dryer or that is atleast what they pretend to be when they hear it and go running around the house jumping on each other etc, you will be amazed at what good escape artists chows are,

complete chaos i tell you

lol
i love animals

Reply to Blaah