Question
Posted by: Fed-up | 2005/11/18

Any takers on this one?

Okay, i meet this guy, 1and a half months later flies me over to Lonon to visit him. Picks me up in a limo and proposes. Of course I said yes. We connected. (in many ways) :-). So he moves back here to live with me and see his daughter. Problem is his ex girlfriend (child's mother) wont let him see his daughter. We go to lawyers. The ex requests a report to be done on me. Fine, we agree. No skeletons in the closet.... they pay the psychologist to write abosolute hog wash about me. the background checks on me were not done. my references werent contacted nor was i given an opportunity to respond to the allegations. i have been labelled abusive to my children, psychotic and a bad parent. Yet, my ex and I have joint custody (which the judge and family advocate endorsed, due to the fact that my ex and I are valuable to the upbringing of our girls). The social worker that endorsed our joint custody has a report that blows the other report out of the water...... do i take this further. what do i do. her report has now become a legal document. based on unadulterated bs**t

What ? He proposes after knowing you les than 2 months ? I thought the law meant that the father of the child must be allowed access to the child --- and there is NO provision for background or foreground checks on whoever he is staying with. You surely need a good legal opinion here, but if the other psychologist's report was done sloppily and without proper caution, there could also be grounds to complain and report him/her to the Health Professions COuncil.

3
Posted by: Fed-up | 2005/11/18

heheheheeh, yep, he proposed...... an man was it good....... when i got back from the uk he stayed behind. he was only due to come back 3mnths after me. so i got home, he had sent me 90 long stem red roses! one for everyday that he could not be with me!!!!!! he came back early tho. but i sure did thank him for the roses...........

Reply to Fed-up
Posted by: Fed-up | 2005/11/18

thnks for the support wings.

Reply to Fed-up
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/11/18

Whaoah! Girlfriend if I were you I would seek legal advice because anything you just "let slide" right now will be damaging to your relationship, your reputation, and your joint custody!

Good luck!

~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~