Question
Posted by: Jack | 2008/01/21

Any suggestions?

Chest Pain

i have been having reacurring episodes of chest pain and tingling and numbness in my left arm and hand. my arm feels very weak. the pain in my chest is like a deep soreness and i sometimes feel this fullness in my throat. there is also tingling in my neck and throat and severe neck pain on my left side.

i went to the ER a few months ago and they did an EKG and nothing was wrong. i followed up with a doctor and he performed an EKG and he also said that my heart was in good condition.

these episodes keep coming and going and i am beginning to worry. ther tingling spread up my chest and into my throat a dn the pain radiates through ym chest up my neck and down my left arm and it is very sensitive to touch. sometimes i feel the tingling in my upper abdomen.

I dont know what to do and i have also noticed my heart rate has been higher than usual. its been in the 90s when it is usualli in upper 60s or mid 70s.

do you have any suggestions for me?

Dear Jack
Your symptoms are very suspicious of a nerve in the neck being pinched due to a disc herniation. Please let your doctor do some neck x/rays and examine you and refer you to an orthopedic surgeon if needed?
See http://www.neurosurgerytoday.org/what/patient_e/herniated.asp