Question
Posted by: Brad | 2007/03/17

Any suggestions?

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I hope you have a suggestion for me. Are there any yoga exercises that can relax your butt area, I'm finding anal sex really uncomfortable and thought yoga may be able to offer me something? Hope everyone's having a good weekend....

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Brad - the practise of yoga cultivates increased flexibility (as well as strength and endurance) and many people swear about the sexual benefits. There is a DVD called "Better Sex through Yoga" whose basic principle is that yoga improves sex by strengthening the “sexual core” muscles in and around the genitals, increasing sensation, duration, and comfort. Though the series doesn’t use yoga terminology, the area is accessed through the use of root lock when yogis isolate and lift the muscle between the pubic bone and the tailbone. It’s like Kegel exercises with proper breathing. Eventually, yogis learn to isolate the perineum, a key area of sexual pleasure for both men and women.
In New York you could even go to Hot Nude Yoga where the classes are men-only, predominantly gay, and partner-driven, and there are only two rules: “No kissing, and no touching penises.”
Having said all of that, there are a great deal more benefits (physical as well as emotional and mental) to be derived from a regular yoga practise so you can take from it what you want to.
Chris

1
Posted by: Brad | 2007/03/21

Yikes! Thanks for your positive response! I'll explore....

Reply to Brad