Question
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/28

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I understand this forum is for those that want to loose weight but i would like to know what i can do to gain weight. i am underweight even though i eat a lot. [think ali mac beal]
is there any one who can advice me on what to do to look healthy, bearing in mind that i may possibly have a high rate of metabolism and that i already eat regularly, so telling me not to skip meals is of no use

Dear Dee
This forum is designed to answer ALL questions about diet, certainly not just to concentrate on weight loss. If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. I have also consulted with a representative of Fresenius Kabi, a company that have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone them on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask about this and other Nutritional Supplements. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals.

1
Posted by: Jolene | 2005/11/28

I think you should try: When you eat a meal ,drink a mealreplacement shake with it something healthy like one of HERBAL LIFE's shakes. Maybe that will help you. Just keep it healthy otherwise your health may suffer.
Good luck I hope I helped a bit.

Reply to Jolene