Question
Posted by: embarrassed | 2004/10/18

Any other pg women experiencing gas and build up of gas that gets sore?

I am 11 weeks pregnant and I have terrible gas. Sometimes it builds up and it is painful. Anybody else? Anything I can do for it?
Thanx.

You can take peppemint water.

2
Posted by: Lisa.S | 2004/10/18

Hi Embarrasses

I have the same problem, also 11 weeks. Sometimes when I awake at night it feels like all the gas in my stomach is like choking my ovaries or something, it hurts.I try rubbing my stomach to release it. Also it makes my stomach look much bigger than what I think I should look by now. I am stayning away from gas drinks and onions. I also read somewhere that the gas makes the constipation problem worse. I'm trying the fibre thing now.
Good luck!!

Lisa.S

Reply to Lisa.S
Posted by: Jojo | 2004/10/18

Hi embarrassed.

I know how you feel. I try to avoid green peppers, onions and certain other foods. However at times it gives me great delight to get revenge on my husband. Most men seem to have no qualms about letting 'rip', so it's now my turn and I blame it on the baby. I'm also 11 weeks, but I do find it's getting better...
Good luck and maybe try to avoid certain foods.

Reply to Jojo