Question
Posted by: Brooklyn | 2006/07/20

Any nice ideas?

Hi - its my man's birthday today and I want to do something special for him tonight, I was thinking of a nice quiet dinner, with candles all over the place. I have no idea what to cook though? Any suggestions that are quick but good?
All input would be highly appreciated

,,,,,

5
Posted by: Muffin | 2006/07/20

I go with Butterfly's suggestion - sounds delicious. Something that easily digests. We don't want the blood going to all the wrong places now, do we ;-)

Reply to Muffin
Posted by: Butterfly | 2006/07/20

Seafood Pasta?
Easy as pie:

You will need Prawns, mussels, clalamari, fish, white wine, garlic, onion, lemons and Stork Cremendous.

Method,

Chuck the onion and garlic in a wok (if you dont have one an ordinary deep pan will do) Saute, once nice and soft add in the fish and calamari, brown these, add the prawns and mussels next, let these simmer, the prawns will start to turn pink, add the wine about a glass and squeeze the lemon juice in, should be about half a cup. let it simmer, discard any mussels which did not open, as these are not edible. Lastly add in the cream and stir it all up. let the sauce thicken, add some black pepper and serve over taglietelle.

Yum, serve it with a nice fresh Savignon Blanc a side salad, and some crusty Portuguese bread.

For dessert do the following: I know it sounds wierd, but it is superb.

Strawberries, quatered, pour some port over them and grind tons of black pepper over. yummy and sexy.

Reply to Butterfly
Posted by: BEEN THERE DONE THAT | 2006/07/20

WHY DONT YOU LET HIM EAT OFF YOUR BODY

Reply to BEEN THERE DONE THAT
Posted by: OldSchool | 2006/07/20

He won't be interested in dinner. Skip straight to desert ;)

Spagetti & Meatballs alla Lady and the Tramp :D

Reply to OldSchool
Posted by: Anika | 2006/07/20

How about n nice Lasagne.....with strawberries and chocolate mousse for desert ?

Reply to Anika