Question
Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/04

Any medication that can destroy ovarian cysts?

Is there any form of medication available that will cause ovarian cysts to dry up/shrink and disintegrate? Thanks for your time to answer.

The oral contraceptive pill can do this. A Pill such as Nordette is best. This does not apply to PCOS.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/20

Cyst outside the ovaries can it stop conception,or what drugs can one take to take care of it.

Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/05

Thanks for your help and support ladies! Really appreciate it! :-)

Reply to Melanie
Posted by: nelly | 2005/07/05

hi there

i was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and the gynae gave me metformin .i am using it for about a week now.

will keep your'll posted if its helping,,bye

Reply to nelly
Posted by: Tash | 2005/07/05

About 2 years ago i had an ovarian Cyst - it was cought very early ( I was late and thought i was preggies so went for a check up) so it was quite small - less than 2 cm. My gynea at the time gave me Primolute N and Vioxx - i went back 2 weeks later to see if it had shrivelled up and it was completely gone !!!!

He did say that there was a chance that the meds wouldnt work, if it didnt he would have to opperate.

Good luck !

Reply to Tash