Question
Posted by: Booty Man | 2005/07/22

Any honest, tall, glasses of chocolate milk out there?

I haven't had a relationship ever. I know I play for the other team and all but I haven't really come to terms with it. How does one go about meeting people. I'm 25, have a good enough job, well educated, well groomed and so ready and willing to mingle!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Booty Man and thanks for your message - on this forum you're part of THE team,

It sounds as if you feel reasonably content with your life, but you're needing to meet other gay guys. Meeting people could be difficult unless you're in a large city like Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg, which have social spaces frequented by gay people. Cape Town, for example, has a 'gay village' area with predominantly gay bars, clubs and restaurants. Call the Gay & Lesbian Helpline (a Triangle Project service) on (021) 4 222 500 any day between 1 pm and 9 pm - ask the counsellor for a list of gay venues in your area. You can also buy a copy of Exit newspaper at most branches of CNA - Exit is a national paper, published monthly and sold folded in a plastic cover. Exit often also has listings of gay venues and events.

You could also attempt to meet people with a particular interest. If you are Christain, you could join a gay church; if you're into reading, you could join a gay book club. Cape Town also has a deaf gay group and Muslim gay group, and a Jewish gay group was formed recently. There are also networks of people interested in particular sports. You could also meet people by volunteering with a gay organisation (if you live in Cape Town, Durban or Pretoria).

The Internet can also provide you with valuable information on where to meet people. There are several very impressive and informative gay websites in South Africa - do a search and see what you can find. The most popular site for cruising is www.gaydar.co.za, where you can create your own profile and chat with guys around the world. Most interactions on gaydar are aimed at sex.

Good luck, and please keep us posted! Cheers

2
Posted by: heathen | 2005/07/23

You are so stooopid! Actually maybe you are or maybe you're not but it is very rude for someone on the internet to dis someone else just looking for help like that. Don't ya think? But seriously you really need to think more about your personality and consideration of things other than outward attributes.

Reply to heathen
Posted by: Tammycdtv | 2005/07/22

Go to places where you will meet gay people. I can help you with places in Cape Town, but am not aware of places in other cities.

Email me at tammycdtv at yahoo dot com and I will send you the names of some places in Cape Town if this is where you are. I can also recommend some web sites where you can ask this question.

Reply to Tammycdtv