Question
Posted by: JCD | 2004/01/16

Any home remidies for morning sickness

I am 8 weeks pregnant & have morning sickness all day long. It stops when i fall asleep. Is there any home remidies that I could use. Please help.
JCD

I hope that the advice of the other respondents helps.

4
Posted by: JCD | 2004/01/19

Thanks for all the advice will try all those things. Good luck to you.

Reply to JCD
Posted by: Purple | 2004/01/19

I had very severe morning sickness from 6 weeks to 14 weeks. Nausea all day and vomiting two or three times a day. At about 10 weeks the nausea stopped completely for about 3 days, and then came back worse than before.

I found that the vomifene took away some of the nausea, but not completeley. I tried Asic before vomifene - it took the nausea away completely but made me so tired that I couldn't function.

The things that I found helped were:
-ginger - biscuits, tea (grate fresh ginger and pour boiling water over it), ginger ale (the Stoney's fizzy cooldrink).
-ensuring my stomach was always full - eating small, bland
meals at least every two hours. (dry toast/bread, banana's,
provita's)
-sucking on lollipops (bad for your teeth though), sucking ice
-Taking essential (the hangover stuff)
I found that each "rememdy' worked wonderfully for about two days, and then stopped working at all.
The ginger worked quite well all the way through.
-drinking orange juice

I know that it feels like the nausea goes on forever, but it does end eventually. Good luck, I'm sure you'll feel better soon, and in no time will be enjoying your pregnancy. The middle trimester really is fantastic and you'll wish you always felt like that. The third trimester is a bit uncomfortable, but you're so obsessed with finally meeting your baby that it doesn't bother you so much.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: JCD | 2004/01/16

Hi Anita I also got this but was not sure if taking too many would harm my baby(silly,I know). I feel better now that someone else is also using this. Thanks & good luck to you hope all goes well

Reply to JCD
Posted by: Anita | 2004/01/16

Hi JCD

I know how you feel, I also experienced morning sickness form 8 weeks. After my 10th week I couldn't handle it anymore so I phone my Gynae and asked her to prescribe something. She prescribe Vomifene. It really works!!! It takes about 12 hours for your system to get use to it though. You can also buy it over the counter, you don't have to get a prescription. The reason why I decided to go for medication was because I found that none of the "home remidies" worked for me. This pill is completely save for pregnant woman.
I used it and I'm now 17 weeks pregnant. Luckily I'm over the morning sickeness thing.

Good luck to you.

Reply to Anita