Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2006/11/05

any help please

dear cyberdoc

i am exceptionally frustrated
for years i have suspected i have hypothyroidism, although my thryroid tests come back NORMAL every time!

I am a personal trainer, and have embarked on many weight loss plans(prescirbed by 6 different dieticians overthe past 8 years) in conjunction with sensible exercise plans, but have not seen any results. this has led me to chronic depression, as i feel an absolute sense of entrapment,and despair!!
i seem to have almost every single sypmtom., the inabilty to shed weight,as well as rapid,unexplained weight gain! the depression, the yellowness to my skin , the cold feet and hands (and the low body temperatur that i have tested at home many times) the tiredness, sluggishness, forgetfullness, inabilty to concentrate, the muscle weekness, the list goes on.
from my reaserch it seems as though there are so many reasons to not accuratly be diagnosed, from lab tests to doctors differing in what they consider is the 'normal' range!
I am currently seeing an endocrinoligist, with the same pattern yet again!" Thyroid is normal!!"! I am not imagining my syomtoms, they are very real and Very unexplainable! I am in desperate need of a doctor that has a more 'holistic approach'
who would cover every test...ie basal body temperature testing, TRH tests, antibody testing etc etc.....
Where do i start? what do i do? Who do i see?How do i find an endocrinolist or doctor with a more holistic approach? i am more then desperate and i would appreciate any help

Thank YOU!

Cindy

Dear Cindy
Maybe it is not the thyroid - abnormal insulin or cortisol levels can also give these symptoms. Have you had a thyroid scan, been checked for diabetes and tested for cushing syndrome? It can be also symptoms of a depression caused by low serotonin levels in the brain.
see http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com