Question
Posted by: LBL | 2005/01/13

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

I have been in a lot of pain on sand off for a couple of months now - been to and from the Gynae with no real improvement. I get sharp stabbing pains in my Vagina and my uterus feels like it is burning, and my periods are very heavy and extremely Painful to a point where I am actually unable to dull the pain. Now this month I am due to start my period on Sunday 16th but from Friday 7th I have had pain and heavy spotting every second day ie on friday then sunday then tuesday and now today - its very strange and I just dont feel that It is normal the spotting is very light on the alternate day and there is no pain. does anybody have any sort of answer/explanation/solution

You say you have seen the gynaecologist. Was some diagnosis made? From your story, you could have endometriosis or chronic infection, but I cannot make a diagnosis without examining you.

1
Posted by: FH | 2005/01/13

Hi LBL

Has your gynae ever checked if you have endometriosis ?

Apparently the symptoms of endo are extremely painful periods. There is a blood test that can be done to determine in conjunction with a trans-vaginal sonar scan to determine whether it is in fact endo.

Good luck.

Reply to FH