Question
Posted by: Yandi | 2004/11/30

Any chances after Ectopic?

Dear Doc

I had an ectopic pregnancy and removed in August 2004. Are there any chances of getting pregnant. What steps can I take now I think I'm ready emotionally and not sure physically, how long does it take.

Any advice on how to handle the situation will be appreciated, I want a baby. I'm trying for my second child, the eldest is 10 years and I'm 33 years.

Please help if you can with any advice.

Thank you for listening to my problem.

God bless.

Yandi

If your other tube is okay, there is no reason why you should not fall pregnant. It may take slightly longer than usual.

2
Posted by: lee | 2004/11/30

hello, I too am in the same predicament as you. but my one falopian tube was also removed, my other tube is a bit damaged due to endometriosis. I am not sure how long it will take me to fall pregnant. I am also mentally ready to have a child. I wish I knew why these things happen, but my prayers and thoughts will be with u.

take care of yourself

Reply to lee
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/30

Yes you can have a baby after an ectopic pregnancy.

I had an ectopic pregnancy in December 2002 and had my one fallopian tube removed.

In May 2003 (we started trying in January 2003)I fell pregnant with my son who is now just short of 10 months old.

We took a lot quicker than many couples who have all their parts.

My gynae said that with one fallopian tube you can sometimes take a little longer than other people to conceive. Take note of your periods for a few months and work out your ovulation days so that you have regular sex around ovulation days.

Just remember that you need to do a pregnancy test within two days of your period being late, and you must go to your gynae within a week of your period being late and the home preg test being positive. He will need to do a scan to check where baby is, and you will need to do a couple of quantitative beta tests every 2 days to ensure that your HCG levels are doubling. Having had one ectopic does increase your risk of having another.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Reply to Purple