Question
Posted by: wanda | 2005/11/18

any affects!!

my nine yr old will be going to his firth school since his started. would any mothers out there know if this is more harm than good.
his been in a boarding school this year and it was a tough year for him, the other boys bullied him, loaned his uniforms with out retuning them, now only owning one shirt as his scared to ask for the uniforms bac, there's no control in this school, although the teacher wants him to stay on.
any input will be welcomed.

Discuss this with the teacher who wants to keep him on --- WHY does he think he shouldd stay ? And what does he think about the seeming lack of control of bullying, etc, at the school ?

1
Posted by: PIP | 2005/11/18

Be careful with this. Here is my story. My step son has been living with his voster aunt for 6 years now. He also got into trouble every school he went to. He was also either in trouble because he started it or got into trouble that others started. As a result his foster parents also moved him from one school to another.

Now 5 years later this is what we have...... he has no friends as he was never in any school long enough to make any friends. As he was always "rescued" by his foster parents when in trouble, he never learned to compromise, respect others or co-operate with others. He has failed std 7 twice already, this year will be the 3rd time. Socially he is a total misfit, at best his behaviour is BAD!! He does not value anything and looses thing like shoes, shirts, jerseys...etc.
When he does not get his way he runs away from home. or sulks for hours.

Others may disagree with me, but I believe that friendships and interactions with others teach us a lot of social skills. And if you are not given the opportunity to build proper relations from a young age, things can become very difficult when you get older.

Just my opinion

Reply to PIP