Question
Posted by: Sue-A | 2007/04/03

Anxiety vs Medicine in pregnancy?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and have anxiety not only in my pregnancy but before the pregnancy, At night I cant sleep and sometimes when I get to sleep I wake up being frightened and my shoulders feel as if they are so heavy and burning. It gets better at times but then sometimes it is severe that I get anxiety attacks. I already spoke to my GP about this but they dont want to give me any medicine to help me, because of the pregnancy!! I want to know what is the worst the anxiety or maybe medicine they can give me? I dont want to lose the baby just because of anxiety?

There are medications that you can use in pregnancy, though you should try to avoid everything before 12 weeks. Anxiety will not affect the baby.