Question
Posted by: Worried | 2004/01/06

ANXIETY OR DEPRESSION

I am 27yrs old..been diagnosed with anxiety with mild depression. I was on cipramil for 2 mnths. I thereafter quit..feeling like a million bucks...I carried on with life..6 months down the line I feel as If am worthless. I am constantly worrying. I worry about every little ailment. Yey my GP tells me I am a healthy guy. I stress over little things. I don't want to end up a hypochondriac. Am I mad? Please help me.. My major problem is WORRY AND STRESS

Dear Worried,
No, you're not mad ( that probably wouldn't feel as uncomfortable as this ) --- but you're probably Depressed. Cipramil ( or the cheaper, equally efective generic version Cilift ) is efective, but nothing cures any real Depression in 2 months --- and if one quits the medicine too soon ( around 9 months would be wiser ) it is typical that the depression returns, perhaps with different symptoms predominating. So check with your doctor / shrink, and potentially start on the Cilift again, and this time stay on it until the chemical turmoil of the Depression is fully over.