Posted by: hippi | 2008/11/18

anxiety of public speaking

i need help, i have a really anxiety for public speaking and is affecting my career very badly as i need to make presenations 80 percent of the time and be influencial and make a presence in the meetings. the fustrating thing is that i know i do not have a reason to feel this way as when i am at my comfort zone i am very loud, demanding and incontrol. please point me to the institutions or specialist that can assist.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

ANy good psychologist or psychiatrist can help IF they provide Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, a specific form of counselling which is highly effective in dealing with this form of social anxiety disorder ; some meds can also help. Fortunately, this very frustrating condition generally responds really well to treatment

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.