Question
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/21

anxiety is making me ill

my anxiety about where my life is going in terms of relocation and my boyfriend is causing me to become physically ill. i can feel myself switching off and tuning out of myself. like getting catatonic, but not quite. dont know if you can understand what im saying. my hands have started to shake and i feel queezy and weak.

Anxiety / stress can indeed have such impact. Apart from any relation to actual physical illness, anxiety amplifies any symptoms of any other disorder, too. The shaky hands, fast heart beat, queasy feeling, sweatiness, etc are typical. See someone and get the treatment you deserve --- some medication and CBT and you could regain control of the situation and the symptoms