Question
Posted by: Stressed Eddie | 2004/10/18

Anxiety - Combining natural remedies and precsription medicine

I have been using Lorien / Sandoz Fluoxetine for depression and obsessive compulsive disorder for appr. 4 years. Lately I have also become extremely anxious, suffering from panic attacks.
My doctor prescribed Xanor to address this, but it made me feel worse - I starting having nightmares, etc.
I want to know if it is safe to use a natural remedy, such as Rescue Flower Remedy in combination with my Fluoxetine medication.

SE, in some people drugs like Fluoxetine can at times increase the degree of anxiety one feels. because the "natural remedy" companies don't reveal, and actually in most cases don't have detailed information about the exact contents of their remedies, and their safety and efefctiveness, especially in combination with other meds, I really dont't know the answer to your very sensible question. It might be a good idea to ask to see a good local psychiatrist for a re-assessment of your diagnosis and a re-asessment / second opinion, about the best way to treat it.

1
Posted by: Stressed Eddie | 2004/10/18

Thanks, Doc! Will definitely follow your advice!

Reply to Stressed Eddie