Question
Posted by: Desparate | 2007/02/15

Anxiety attacks robbing me of my life

I have been suffering from severe anxiety attacks for the past 8 years and it has become so bad that I cannot lead a normal life, cannot drive a car, etc. I have seen several doctors and specialists and taken a variety of medicine during the past couple of years without any success. I am desparate for advice or medication that will help me to restore my normal life. I have heard about an American program called The Linden Method which has helped many other people. Do you have any information on this?

It seems very strange that normally competent psych specialists, using normal meds and CBT counselling haven't been able to help you bring your anxiety / maybe panic disorder, under control. Persist in seeking one locally who will manage this --- it ought not to be difficult. I have seen no evidence whatver that the Linden Method is actually lastingly useful --- and as a tip, NO proper scientifically proved method is ever named "the X Method" or marketed in a manner that doesn't encourage other people to use the same method --- it is a sure sign of science that our remedies are tested as well as possible, and published in detail so that anyone can use them. beware of proprietary methods.

2
Posted by: concerned | 2007/02/16

i also hav these attacks but- its controlled see a psyciatrist- i cannot give you his name but his in durbs -see psyciatric- drectory- in broad street durbs

Reply to concerned
Posted by: Clara | 2007/02/15

Look in your local phone book and contact the Dianetics centre - they deal in fact specialise in this sort of thing - and no drugs involved nor hypnotism. Its affordable and VERY effective. Go in and chat to someone there. They can tell you about how the mind works and human behaviour and how things from our past affect us now - very interesting - i suggest you give it a try - i know of many success stories - good luck

Reply to Clara