Posted by: Ninky | 2008/07/09

Anxiety Attacks

Good afternoon

I have had a lot of trauma in my life where I had to deal with numerously in my life. Lately I just cant cope with stress anymore, for the last year I am battling with these anxiety attacks. It feels like I cant breath, a pain on my chest, headrush, feel like fainting, coldness in my arms, sinus etc. I went to psycologists and shrinks and I just don't seem to get the help that I need and dont get along with them. workwise is very stressful so it doesnt make it easier.

Is there something that you can suggest to make the attacks easier or just to make it go away.

Please doc I am desperate.

OK, so maybe you have an anxiety disorder, perhaps panic disorder, which will respond very well to relatively simple treatment. I find it very hard to believe that you have sen numerous "psychologists and shrinks" and that none of them was able to help you. Only proper medical treatment is likely to help would have to be prescribed by a psychiatrist, who you shoukl see for a proper assessment, and a discussion of your treatment options --- and then follow his/ her advice

Posted by: Ninki | 2008/08/26

Good morning Ja

I am a christian and would love to get in contact with you for some help. I have been battling for years now and I just cant take it any more.

Reply to Ninki
Posted by: K8 | 2008/08/03

Im 23 years old and for the last 2 years i get anxiety attacks. Actualy I dont know if it is anxiety attacks because I dont have any pain, no sweaty palms but I cant be alone and when I get this attacks I cant breath. (Well it feels like I cant breath). It feels like Im going to die and the thoughts of that makes it worst. I have been to a doctor but going to doctors also gives me attacks. The doctor subcribe me some anti depresants, (Purata) and it helps a little bit. What else can I do to prevent attacks and to get the right mind set so that I can handle being alone?

Reply to K8
Posted by: Ja | 2008/07/10

I had the same. A great Doctor told me there are two options. 1. Medical and 2. Pastoral.
I took Pastoral. I understood what the Doc said and even though i never saw a priest i overcame the anxiety with loads of help from Above.
I don't know how religious you are(Christian) but i would certainly recommend this route.
Its peace youre after:
fruits of the Holy Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.

Reply to Ja