Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/01/07

Anxiety and pregnancy

Hi there, I just found out I'm pregnant. Me & hubby are very excited. But I used to have anxiety attacks before getting pregnant. Now it seems as if my anxiety is getting worse!! Is there anything I can use for it or can anybody please tell me to calm down? Also it will be my first visit to a gynae, what can I expect the first visit?

Please advise.

You should not use anything without consulting your doctor. At the first visit, you will have an examination and probably a scan and some blood tests.

1
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/07/22

I had a nervous breakdown a year ago, due to a chronic anxiety disorder. I have been treated succesfully, but Im still on medication. I am currently taking 50mg of Aropax CR25 and Xanor 0.5mg slow release. Will I be able to have a safe pregnancy. Some of my doctors say I can' t be pregnant and others say that it is safe to do so. I don' t want to take a chance. I am going to see my gynae to ensure that physically everything is fine. Our eldest is turning 5, so it' s high time for another little one. Please give me some hope......

Reply to Desperate