Posted by: Work problems | 2007/08/24



I am very anxious at the momemt. i don't think I am thinking rationally. I am working as an accountant but for the last week I have not done anything. My performace appraisal is coming up next week and I don 't know what I am going to say for myself.
It's now already months where I fear coming to work when we have report back sessions. I have not completed tasks I have been given.

I want to quit my job, but I want to do it with immediate effect without having to stay aroung for another month. The only problem is that they can probably sue me and I don't want that. I also have a threer contract with the company because I did my articles here. So, it will cost me financially.
I have been gambling for the last four years. My debt now exceeds my retirement fund after tax so I can't really afford to leave my job.

I don't really see any other options because I can't stay at this company for another 2 and a half years. I might do something to myself if things don't improve.
Please advise

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Dont give up so soon or so easily. Your problems are extremely likely to respond really well to proper treatment, and presumably with your work you should have medical aid to enable this to happen. Indeed, if you have problems in the appraisals, tell them frankly that you are unwell and need to see a suitable specialist, and that yo0u are confident that you can soon be well and effective again. They can't sack you for being sick, though they may have a valid complaint if you continue to fail to get the effective treatment that is available.
Maybe eventually you might choose to mkove to a different job, even a different line of work. But take your time and work with a shrink to get rid of all these symtpoms , and to regain control of your life. Then think through your alternatives and make a good choice

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: EK | 2007/08/24

Did u do accounting to please your parents? It it really waht you wanted to do? It sounds like u r doing the wrong thing & the a wrong place?
What is it that u really what do ?

Reply to EK

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.