Question
Posted by: V | 2004/10/22

Anxiety?

Dear Cybershrink
It feels as if there are large grey shadows flapping around my head. I can’t see them properly, but I know they are there. Sometimes it also feels as if the world behind me is dark, a sticky blackness clinging to me, which I can’t shake off. When I look at things it seems to be part of a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces don’t want to fit properly. Can all of this be caused by anxiety?

V, sounds like a very vivid description of feelings of anxiety and depression. So those conditions could indeed be the cause. The best step ios to see a good shrink for a comprehensive assessment, and treatment advice based on the results of such an assessment.