Question
Posted by: rashieda | 2007/06/26

ANUS PAIN

could doc pls let me have an idea what to expect as i am going to c a specialist regarding my constipation. i am using laxador for the past three months. i am experiencing tremendous pain in my anus
even if i have a loose stool with some blood occasionally like a burning sensation.VERY WORRIED as i have had a stretch of the anus operation 8 years ago. pleas give me some sort of advice what to expect

Dear Rashieda
He will probably examine your tummy, do a rectal examination to feel if he can feel any polyps or abnormalities with a finger and may then book you for a colonoscopy - this is an exam where they look with a fibre optic camera tube into the bowel (under anaestetic of course!) It is not half as bad as it sounds and well worth the temporary discomfort. It is not painful at all. I know most patients dread these kind of examinations but the doctor is so used to this, it is not strange or uncomfortable for him at all to do this. Most are also very sensitive not to embarrass the patient.

1
Posted by: Bek | 2007/06/26

Defiantely sounds like you have haemorhoids (i.e. piles)
I have been suffering for quite a while and my symptoms are the same. try drinking more water, exercising and eating a fibre enriched diet

Reply to Bek