Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2004/03/03

ANUS PAIN

LAST NIGHT I HAD A PAIN AROUND MY ANUS FOR AN HOUR. THE PAIN IS NOT SHARP,MORE A DULL ACHE BUT SIMILAR TO HEAVY BRUISING PAIN. THE PAIN WENT AWAY. THIIS HAPPENED IN DEC LAST YEAR ALSO. I NEARLY WENT TO THE LOCAL CLINIC AT 3AM THE PAIN IS SO UNCOMFORTABLE. MY BOWEL MOVEMENTS ARE NORMAL. I AM A 40 YR OLD FEMALE NOT ON ANY OTHER MEDICATION. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS.

Worried, it is difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first, but it sounds like you might have haemorrhoids or an anal tear. The best would be to see your doctor and have him take a look, but if you want to try something first, you can try Anusol®. Good luck.