Posted by: newcomer | 2008/10/27

antioxidants during pregnancy

hi i am in my third trimester of pregnancy. my pharmacist recommended something called Aspalathox (plus Rooibos). it supposedly fights all sorts of illnesses and Ive been getting sick a lot lately. nowhere on the packaging does it say safe or unsafe during pregnancy. i would really like to use it if I can but I dont want to take any risks either. do you know anything about this medication/supplement?
many thanks.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with this. Like many homeopathic meications, it may not have been tested for safety in pregnancy.

Posted by: CE | 2008/10/27

I read up on the product' s website (google it) and find it to be completely safe and natural. I would imagine it to be safe during pregnancy (even thought they dont state it).

Wait for Doc' s answer, but in the meantime this is what I extracted from the site....

Aspalathox™  contains no traces of any other chemical substances not found in the
Aspalathus linearis plant. It is therefore a completely natural substance containing only compounds also present in Rooibos tea.

Best Wishes
CE  -)

Reply to CE