Question
Posted by: anxious mom to be | 2007/06/07

antidepressents during pregnancy

I suffered with anxiety & depression for 2 years and left cipralex4 months ago. I am not 6 weeks pregnant and feel anxious and depressed. Are there antidepressants I can take that are safe in pregnancy?

This is still controversial. It would be best to see your shrink / doc again for re-assessment. Maybe you won't need medication, and CBT counselling, if available, is entirely safe and effective as an alternative. Otherwise, if medicatio is needed, your shrink can assess you and weight the situation. Most modern ADs seem to be reasonably safe in pregnancy; and untreated severe depession is risky in pregnancy, so he can advise best, knowing you well.