Question
Posted by: Johan | 2007/04/12

Antidepressant medication

Dear Dr.

My doctor recently prescribed an antidepressant (Fluvoxamine) to me. I also have High Blood Pressure and use Coapprovel medication for it. I did not discuss this with my doctor and I just need to know whether I could use both medications at the same time.

Thank you.

It would be wise to call your doctor and check this with his opinion. FLuvoxamine is one of the SSRI family of antidepressants ( like Prozac ), and usually does not cause problems with blood pressure meds, but any prescribing doc needs to have the right information an tae it into account --- and calling him will have the added advantage that he will be able to put this important fact into your notes, so it can be taken into account later, if your meds might need to change

1
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/12

just my experience with it -- made my bp "feel" low while it was working in but was not - but after about 3 weeks I did not look back

Reply to RMC